We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more
- In order to join a restricted network, you may need to find your Xbox 360 unique MAC address.
- To find your Xbox 360 Media Access Control (MAC) address, you’ll have to go to your System Settings.
The Xbox 360 was built with a much better technology compared to its flagship video game console. However, one thing they both have in common is the ability to connect to the internet for a fun online gaming experience. Although fun and convenient, it can also be quite difficult to figure out how to set it up and connect it to the internet.
Finding your MAC address might sound technical, but it’s not as complicated as it might seem. Luckily, you can locate your Xbox 360 MAC address through the Network Settings.
Check out the related products mentioned in this article:
- Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, From $29.99 at Amazon
- Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, From $214.99 at Amazon
- Xbox One controller battery pack, From $30.99 at Amazon
- Xbox One X, From $419.99 at Amazon
How to find MAC address on Xbox 360
To find your Xbox 360 MAC address, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Xbox Dashboard.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select the Wireless Network you wish to use.
- Select Configure Network.
- Under “Basic Settings”, confirm to make sure IP Settings is listed as Automatic.
- Click the Additional Settings Tab.
- Select Advanced Settings located at the bottom of the screen.
- Look towards the bottom left corner of the “Advanced Settings” screen, you should see a twelve-digit alphanumeric code displayed in a format like 48:CD:29:EF:73:GH. That is your Xbox 360 MAC address.
You may like: How to change MAC address in Windows or Mac (and why)
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces. He’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018.