We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more
- You can find the MAC address on your Mac computer by going through the System Preferences.
- To view the MAC address, navigate to the advanced section of your Wi-Fi network.
Using a Windows computer instead? Here’s how to find MAC address on Windows 10.
What is a MAC address?
MAC is an acronym that stands for Media Access Control — a twelve-digit alphanumeric code unique to every network-compatible device, whether its an Android, Windows, or Apple device. It’s mostly used to monitor network connectivity and access control.
Mac addresses can also be handy for troubleshooting network issues or installing a new hardware such as a router. Here’s how to find your MAC address:
Six easy steps to find MAC address on a Mac computer
- Click the Apple icon in the top left.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Network.
- From the left menu, select the Wi-Fi network to which you are currently connected.
- Click Advanced in the bottom right.
- Click the Hardware tab. That’s your MAC Address right there listed at the top of the window!
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is a technology researcher and writer who’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018. He is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces.