We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more
- MAC address is a unique identifier for your device on network interfaces like Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
- If you plan to filter devices connected to your home or office network, you may need to find your iPhone’s MAC address.
- Another reason you may need to find MAC address on your iPhone or iPad is if you want to connect to a wireless network that is restricted with MAC addresses.
- When you find your iPhone’s MAC address, it’s usually a combination of twelve alphanumeric characters grouped in twos by a colon.
What is MAC address?
MAC which stands for Media Access Control is a physical address assigned to every wireless device and is used to identify the device. Every MAC address is unique to each device. In other words, no two wireless devices have the same MAC addresses.
If you need to block or allow network access to devices, then you need to find MAC address on your iPhone. Whitelisting your iPhone would be difficult if you don’t know its MAC address.
How to find your iPhone’s MAC address
To locate and view the MAC address of your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Select General.
- Tap About.
- To find your iPhone MAC address, scroll down to Wi-Fi Address, the Wi-Fi address is your MAC address.
Sometimes, the MAC address might appear too big and you may not be able to see the entire MAC address on your screen. If that happens, you just need to reduce the font size to make the entire MAC address appear. To reduce your iPhone’s text size, go to settings > Display & Brightness.
If you want, you can copy your iPhone’s MAC address, to do so; tap and hold on Wi-Fi Address, and tap Copy.
Note: MAC addresses are unique and permanent to each device so keep your MAC address private, do not share it with anyone so it cannot be used by malicious hackers that can spoof through your Wi-Fi network and jeopardize the information saved on your iPhone.
You may like: How to find MAC address on a Mac computer