We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more
WhatsApp has a plain background and wallpaper by default, but it’s actually more customizable than most messenger apps.
Changing your WhatsApp chats background and wallpaper is one of the best ways to add some personal touch and feel. There are plenty of pre-installed pictures, colors, and of course your own personal photos.
The process of changing your WhatsApp background is pretty much the same on an iPhone or Android device, but we will show you how to do it on either of both devices.
Here’s how to customize your WhatsApp background and wallpaper:
How to change your WhatsApp background
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android device.
2. Tap Settings. On iPhone, “Settings” is located on the right of the bottom menu. On Android, tap the “three menu dots” in the top-right, and then “Settings.”
3. Tap Chats.
4. Tap Chat Wallpaper if you’re using an iPhone, or “Wallpaper” on Android.
5. You have three options to choose from here:
- “Wallpaper Library” is a collection of preloaded WhatsApp’s wallpapers.
- “Solid Colors” is a collection of background color options that you can choose from.
- “Photos” (or “Gallery” on Android) is a collection of all the pictures in your photo library.
6. Choose the wallpaper you want among the three options, and then you’ll be directed to “Wallpaper Preview” to see a preview of the wallpaper you chose. This is where you can make adjustment if necessary.
7. When you’re happy with your wallpaper, tap on Set in the bottom-right. Nothing more! You’ve successfully changed the background for all your WhatsApp chat.
About King Osaghae
King Osaghae is a technology researcher and writer who’s been writing about tech-related topics and trends since 2018. He is the managing editor at TechZerg, meaning that he oversees all the articles TechZerg produces.